Toronto-Hamilton: See You in Burlington Monday Night!

On Monday night, November 14, urbanist luminary Brent Toderian and I will be sharing the stage as part of Burlington Mayor Rick Goldring’s “Inspire Burlington” series.  The conversation will probably focus on retrofitting transit into a car-based suburban city, but you and your questions are welcome from all over the Toronto-Hamilton region.

It’s free, but you must reserve tickets here.
14543855_1152821134811732_2912166559924478614_o

6 Responses to Toronto-Hamilton: See You in Burlington Monday Night!

1. Robert Wightman November 10, 2016 at 7:02 pm #

I think that your date is wrong as Monday is the 14th.

2. Michael McConnell November 11, 2016 at 9:25 am #

Will the presentation be available online after the event?

3. Anne November 11, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

Interesting experiment – look up transit/transportation conferences (any of them) and figure out how many of them have included directions for how to get there on transit. 😉

Perhaps there is an opening here…?

• Adrian Hetherington November 14, 2016 at 8:41 pm #

Very few if any, the organizers generally rely on what the venue has prepared and never question the content for modality or accuracy. But that maligns the venues, the organizers are constrained by dates and venue size. Unless you book out early you have to take what you can find, the rest follows on.

4. William Gibson November 12, 2016 at 10:34 am #

When will you next be in Toronto proper Jarrett?

5. Adrian Hetherington November 14, 2016 at 8:36 pm #

You talked tonight about geometric certainty, it’s not a concept in your book and I suspect is a concept you have worked up since I last heard you speak in Toronto. I listened but I didn’t take notes and I’m thinking it is a concept I need to be acquainted with. Might you be willing to do a blog on the concept please.