If you’re following our recent effort to hire entry level staff, please know that:
- We received over 120 applications.
- We made shortlisting decisions yesterday, creating a leading shortlist of 17 (8 top candidates and 9 runners up). These are for what we expect will ultimately be two positions. That’s less than 10% of applicants, so if you missed the cut, that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person or that we never want to speak with you again.
- You should have heard by now if you are shortlisted or not. Check your email.
- These positions had very, very hard criteria about spatial analysis skill and experience. Some very interesting people missed the shortlist because they didn’t excel in that. Again, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a lot to offer.
- Some applicants were not free to start on April 1 and these were not shortlisted. If we end up having more positions with later starts we may return to this list.
- Some applicants really wanted summer internships. If we do these, we will put out a separate call in April.
- For obvious reasons, I’m not in the position to respond to individual inquiries. Reading 120 applications has been pretty overwhelming for our staff. We have to catch up on other things for a while.
While we’re a little exhausted, we’re really grateful at the number of people who want to be involved in what we’re doing, and we hope we can grow a bit to include more of your talents in the future.